Tuesday, February 9, 2010




Fun running Quotes

"It hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse. "

"If you start to feel good during an ultra, don't worry, you will get over it."

The pictures are of me from my Forest Park Ultra in May of 2009. The injuries don't look as bad as they felt. On my arm is my injury from when I hugged a tree on a steep decline. It seemed more like a cliff to me, that Oil Line Rd. There is a tree that I grab onto and have done so during training. Well during the race, I slipped and ended up hugging it backward. Ouch.
On my knees is from when I fell.....at mile 30! My legs had been cramping up the last 2 miles. At the last mile, it is a decline and their are rocks, my legs cramped up and I got distracted by a little boy that was hiking with his parents and I tripped and bit it bad. My cramps in my legs went from bad to worse from falling and I started yelling "help me, help me", this man came running over to help pick me up. I grabbed on to a wooded fence, said that I had to finish the race, started limping, then walking, then jogging, running and then finally sprinting. I saw a few of my good friends and family and yelled out "this is my playground" and then I decided that I was going to throw up at the finish line. Luckily for myself and everyone else, I didn't. I do like to make a dramatic entrance.

2 comments:

  1. I remember that exact branch from when you & I went down Oilline Rd. That made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Oil Line Rd., haven't been down it since I took you.

    ReplyDelete