Friday, February 12, 2010



First things first. I am actually a very shy person and the idea of posting a bikini shot of me is horrifying. My friends on facebook and the general public can see these photos. I am only posting these photos to inspire others. That is the whole intent on my blog, inspiration. You can click on the photos to make them bigger, like the fat ones, that's funny!

So today I saw a photo of Kendra from the Girls Next Door on a magazine cover. You know the sexy dumb one? Well in case you don't she has had a baby. In the picture she was holding her baby and say how she lost like 40 or so pounds in 8 weeks. We always hear about celebrities losing a bunch of weight, well so did I.
Over six years ago, I lost 20 pounds in 12 weeks doing Body for Life. www.bodyforlife.com Both times that I was pregnant, I gained 50 pounds! Not kidding. Probably didn't help that when I had morning sickness, I ate eggs cooked in butter on top of toast with butter. Yup 50! 3 months after Kayla was born, I started Body for Life. I was good, waited 3 months, after all I did have a c-section with her. I remember my first aerobic day, I walked up and down the stairs at our townhouse that we were living in at the time and I thought it was tiring. The next time I did aerobics (you were supposed to do it 3 times a week for 20 min a time) I went to the treadmill and walked/ran. Well each time, it got easier and easier until I was just running. I was eating the way Body for Life taught and never missed a workout. I remember even running a mile in 7 min, but that is a different story as I thought I was going to die. Maybe that is why I chose ultra running instead of trying to qualify for Boston? Anyway, at the end of the 12 weeks, I lost 20 pounds and was very proud of myself.
I think it was my experience with Body for life that led me to the love of running and I will always be grateful to that program.
The photo of me in the pink swimsuit was the first day, I couldn't even get the swimsuit over my big belly. (Remember, 3 months ago I had a baby) The 2nd pink swimsuit photo was a month into the program (at least the shirt went down) and finally the photo with the silly hat is 8 weeks into it. I couldn't find the front view and finally 12 weeks later is of course the skinny swimsuit. Brett was really upset with me for getting rid of the red bikini. I wore it on our cruise and then tossed it. Oh he says he still is.

1 comment: