Monday, May 14, 2012

Ask, Believe, Receive. The healing of my Stress Fracture


With all my heart, I believe that God gave me the gift of running and the gift to encourage others. Running is extremely important to me, I absolutely love it. As most people know, I had to hang up my running shoes on January 14th due to injury. It was devastating, I was depressed and traumatized. I really thought my life was going to be over. But, I got through the healing time. I didn't run for 5 1/2 weeks, giving my healing longer than it needed. Followed my resting time was 6 weeks of therapy. During that time, there have been lots of worry and lots and lots of prayer.

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7

Throughout my time of healing for my injury, I prayed every day. I'd get down on my hands and knees and prayed, I cried and I begged! I would go to church and hear about people being healed. I would hear how some would thank God daily for healing and finally they would be healed. I heard about people who were healed instantly. I began thanking God daily for healing.

This is a great explanation on how God answers prayer: http://executableoutlines.com/pray/pray_08.htm
It basically talks about how God answers prayer; no, instantly, wait, not as expected.

During my 6 weeks of therapy, I was nervous and worried if I felt a single twinge of discomfort. I would say out loud "I bind and rebuke that pain in the name of Jesus. I ask for healing and thank you for healing!"I also constantly kept hearing from God and others that I really need to quit pushing on the area.

During the week of April 15-21, I was now a few weeks out of therapy and into training. That week was a bad one for me. My leg at the injury site was beginning to hurt. It hurt at times when I ran, at times when I walked, and always when I pushed on it. I was really beginning to worry. I was mad, I cried and the thought that I wasn't going to be able to run again was just too unbearable. 

I remember several occasions that I would just cry out to God. I begged for healing. I said "God, if you were standing right in front of me, I would go to you and beg you for your healing, please don't take running away from me, it is so important to me!"

I went to church on April 21st. It was a church service that I almost missed due to my children's bad behavior. I was sitting at church and listening to the speaker and once again I heard of someone else being healed instantly. Right in my seat, I just about burst into tears. I prayed to God silently in my seat, "why not me God? I've been begging and begging for months. Please don't take running away from me, pllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeee!!!!" Well moments later the speaker said he was going to say a prayer for anyone that needed healing. I stood up for my leg and for the depression that I was experiencing. I was healed for both of those problems that night.

The next day, I set out for a 10 mile run and felt nothing, no pain. I heard, "you can push on it!" But I didn't want to. I was afraid that it wasn't actually healed and I was finally being obedient and not pushing on the area, so now I can push on it? I did push on the area. I felt nothing. Every run has been flawless since. No problems.

So what is next? I'm running the Sunriver marathon 6/23 in Oregon, the Siskyou Out Back 50K 7/14 in Ashland, OR, the Mt. Hood 50 7/28 and Javelina Jundred, my first 100 miler Oct 27-28 in Fountain Hills, Arizona.

God will be with me on every run.




No comments:

Post a Comment