Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Swimming

The other day I swam 80 laps or 2.27 miles. It took me exactly 2 hours. It was the 7th trip to the pool to do lap swimming and the furthest I've gone. The first time I did 20, then 30, 50, 60, 70 and finally 80. I have completely conquered "the flip" I am very proud of my accomplishments and know that they are rare. Rare that I have swam this far with no training and on my 7th time. The long distance running background has helped a great deal with the endurance part of it and my will to succeed has also made it happen. I do however think that I have reached my limit for now. I probably should stick at 80 laps for awhile till I get used to it more and faster. I am pretty beat today. I think swimming that distance is the equivalent to running 24 miles on the trail. The other good news is that I bought new Speedo goggles, I shall look like a fly buzzing around the pool. They are cool. I am hoping they will give me a more comfortable fit and not make it look like I've been punched in the eyes. Ouch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment