Monday, April 26, 2010

Sugar Sucks!

I have never been a heavy consumer of sugar, so starting on the no sugar fast for a month, 2 weeks ago, I knew that I would be successful. I however, didn't think it would be as easy for me as it has been. I never felt any cravings.
The first week, I became angry at how much sugar is in the American diet. I mean it is in absolutely everything and I was surprised to find this out.
Since starting on the fast, I can easily say that my energy level has sky rocketed. What I didn't expect is that my mood would improve, I don't feel as grumpy, a little more relaxed, happier.
I can't say that I lost any weight, in all honesty, I expected to lose something. I am not a heavy person, being athletic, but I did expect to lose a few pounds, but nothing.
That being said, I am not sure blaming sugar as the cause of American's alarming obesity rate as fair, but I don't know. I suppose it would depend on what kinds of sugar that individual person was eating. I was more of the real sugar, sweet tarts, skittles kind of person. I don't like chocolate and a cake gets in my mouth for birthday's only.
I think blaming fast food, convenient food, and the fact that you buy junk, crap food more cheaply than you can healthy food as the problem.
Anyway, I think in 2 weeks, when my fast is over, I'll keep this up, I've learned a lot, I like the extra amount of energy that I have, I feel good.

http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxification-diet/sugar.htm




No comments:

Post a Comment