Monday, October 3, 2016

God help me!



Now to Him Who, by the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to do super-abundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams] Ephesians 3:20 

Because of God’s great loving grace and mercy, we have been saved (forgiven) and have been united with Christ in the Heavenly realms. God loves us so much that He sent His only son to die for us, saving us from sin so that we would have eternal life. That is love! God is love and He wants us to boldly come near to Him. He wants us to talk to Him about everything. He wants to have a personal relationship with us, wants to be involved in all areas of our lives and wants us to have a happy life and be thankful. 



There are so many people that think they are bothering God if they pray for the little things! They say, “God has more important prayers to answer, He doesn’t care about my little thing!” This is untrue! He created you, loves you and desires to have a relationship with you! 


I pray about everything and with thanks. A while back, I asked God to bless us with one good trip with the girls before they move out of the house. A few months later, my mom called and said she wanted to treat us on a trip! We went to Maui! I pray big, bold prayers. I know that if God doesn’t want me to have something, He won’t give it to me and that’s okay because He truly loves me and knows what is best for me. The timing to receive the gift could also not be right as God’s timing is always perfect and on time.  I can think of many unanswered prayers that I am so thankful for. I've even prayed for God to help me find my keys (okay this is a frequent prayer), I’ve asked help with driving directions, I’ve prayed for safety before riding my bike and help with running. These are just a few examples. One thing that I’m sure my husband will be grateful for is that I have finally learned that giving things to God, things that I want my husband to do (you know, the honey do list?) is better than frequently nagging at my husband and him finally giving in and doing things in anger. I used to say, “It’s not easy nagging, it’s frustrating and a lot of work!” Now, I give it to God and when God wants my husband to do something, he’ll do it and he’ll do a better job because he thinks it’s his idea and wasn’t forced. This also works with being offended by things and hurt feelings. I can just rest in the Lord, knowing all things work out better when they are done in His perfect timing, not mine.


I’ve also prayed several times that He would put a guard over my mouth. I’ve realized that my “honest opinions” are most often negative opinions, that nobody asked for and I definitely need help in controlling my tongue. Listen, we can’t do anything without God, especially not sin! Don’t even get out of bed without praying to God to help you with your day. There's a joke that I heard, it's called The Morning Prayer and it goes something like this: "Dear Lord, So far I've done all right. I haven't gossiped, haven't lost my temper,
and haven’t been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or overindulgent. I'm really glad about that. But in a few minutes, God, I'm going to get out of bed. And from then on, I'm going to need a lot more help." We need Him! Give everything to God and He will be your strength. He will help you! 

He doesn’t want us to only talk to Him when we need something.  God wants to spend time with us. So a lot of times I just sit and think about all the beautiful things that God has created. I’ve been enjoying watching my neighbor’s trees change color this fall season. So every Wednesday, I take a picture and it really is interesting watch God’s handiwork. 


I always want God looking after me. He created me and knows what is best for me.  He loves me and He loves you just the same. If you do not have a personal relationship with Him, say this prayer with me, “Father, because of your great love for the world, you sent your only begotten son to die for our sins. Whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins. I ask for your forgiveness and I am now willing to turn from my sin. Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. I believe that Jesus died on the cross for me and that God raised Him from the dead. I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior. Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Neighbor's trees





No comments:

Post a Comment