Monday, November 28, 2011

How is training going?

"Success doesn’t always come easy. Success doesn’t care about your background or the color of your skin. If you want it bad enough and are willing to work hard, you can do anything you set your sights on. Success will come to you.

For the past 2 weeks, I ran 26 miles then 32 miles.

It was a challenging two weeks. Here is why:

Both my daughters came down with this nasty flu bug and had to stay home from school. I was able to get my runs in, but couldn't necessarily be away for long. I didn't get up to the forest as often as I wanted. I thought that I was going to catch what they had and did find myself feeling ill at times, but I fought it off.

I also had to re-adjust my schedule because we left town for the Thanksgiving Day weekend. We left for Portland on Wednesday and returned on Sunday. I moved a couple of runs around and it worked out fine. I was even able to run up at Forest Park on Saturday with a good friend of mine. I haven't run the Wildwood trail in at least 10 months, so it was a real treat for me. I confirmed that the Redwood trails are more challenging than my beloved Forest Park trails. It was also a fun to see all the other runners and hikers out enjoying the trail, it's rare to find another human on my normal running trails.

In addition, I dealt with a tender spot on my right Hamstring. I took it easy somewhat, did some stretching and rolled out on my foam roller. It is okay now.

The Western States lottery is officially closed to new applicants and I should find out if I got in on Dec. 10th. If not, I am still run Rio Del Lago next September.

So for this week, I will be running 2, 6, 6, 14 and 8 for a total of 36. The following I am running 4, 6, 6 16 and 10 for a total of 42.

No comments:

Post a Comment