Friday, February 25, 2011

Letter I just submitted to the editor of my towns newspaper.

After my dog got attacked by another dog , I wrote this letter to the Editor of the local newspaper. I am really sick of the constant loose dogs in my city.


The letter:

My family and I moved to here about a month ago.

As a runner, I have been encountered by more dogs in this county that are not fenced. My dog and I have been chased or followed by at least 1-2 dogs per day. The majority are friendly. Unfortunately, sometimes these dogs will follow us for a good ½ mile away from their homes. Despite my repeated attempts to get them to go away, they don’t. I have to carry mace to protect me from these loose dogs. My dog has even gotten attacked by a dog, who first almost got hit by a car in a 50 mile zone.

I do not understand how dog owners can be so irresponsible when it comes to their dogs. Aren’t dogs supposed to be confined to their yards when the owner is not with them, not walking around the city like people?

I’d like to say to the people of this town “please keep your dogs safe by confining them.”

1 comment:

  1. Oh and I have submitted a letter to the police department, humane society and city council!

    ReplyDelete