Friday, November 19, 2010

I am thankful for...

This is a picture of me, right after my brother "accidentally" hit me in the face with a wooden bat.
Old pictures of me(middle) big sister, brother and dad
I bought Brett this shirt. It says "chick magnet"It's funny because he has 3 daughters.
Old pic of Naomi in her tu-tu
My dad celebrating a birthday


A few weeks ago, my family got together at my parents home to watch the Oregon Ducks game. Sitting on the couch, my mom says, "at 1/2 time lets talk about what were going to do for Thanksgiving." I said immediately, "were all coming over to your house and we'll be here at 3, I'll bring the rolls."

In less than a week, it will be Thanksgiving. I can’t believe it is already Thanksgiving, it came so fast. While I used to think it was a bit silly to go around the room and the dinner table and announce what we were all thankful for. I am thankful. It’s a time to get together with your family, give thanks and of course eat too much. So, what am I thankful for?

My dad who had a stroke over a year ago, who dialed 911 himself, dragged himself to the front door and somehow unlocked the door to let them in. While it was the most difficult time for my family, we didn't know if he was going to make it. But he is still alive. The surgeon, who removed his blood clot, saved his life. He isn't the same, finds it hard to form words and I see sadness in his eyes. But he is still with us.

To my mom, she is the strongest person I know. She has had to deal with so much in her life and in the past year. She is a wonderful mom and person.

To my husband who loves me even when I don't deserve it. He has a very kind and gentle heart. He could have shut the door to our relationship long ago, but didn't. To my husband who never complains about the long hours that I am away from home, so that I can pursue my hobby.

To my God, who has never given up on me. He has always loved me, who turned my life around and saved me from heartache, bad decisions and anger.

I am thankful for my 3 children. They bring silliness to my life and unconditional love. I'm a pretty serious and analytical person. But when Kayla grabbed on to the mannequins leg and yelled very loudly "mommy, mommy, there you are mommy!" How can you not laugh? There are moments like this that fill my life. While they are getting older and are now fighting over the bathroom, they are all cherished.

To my brother, sister and extended family. We live close to each other, within 45 minutes. I don't mean to draw attention to just one person. But, my brother....a Steve, I've had a bruised face from you, I still have the scar from the pencil that got stuck in my arm thanks to you, you are the loudest one in the family and the funniest, but without you, life would be so boring.

To all my close friends whom I share a very close and personal bond with. You really get to know someone when you run with them for 3-6 hours.

To all the wonderful people that I have gotten to know through running. There is a reason that I like to add everyone that I am running with in a race. I get emotionally attached to all my races and I like to share the experience with others.

And of course to running. It's taught me so much. It's taught me patience, discipline, not quitting, pain management, overcoming fear, confidence, courage, strength....

Happy Thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment