Monday, May 15, 2023

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

We celebrated Mother's Day at our house yesterday. We had a barbecue, and I made everyone Dirty Monkey's. It's an alcoholic drink we learned about in Costa Rica. It's delicious, and many have noted they can't taste the alcohol. But, it actually has quite a bit. My dog Phoenix loves it when we make them because she's been to Dutch Bros so many times. She knows what the can of whip cream is.

One of my daughters gave me the beautiful flowering plant, and the other gave me the adorable cat planter that I had my eye on when I went to Fred Meyer's.

I've raised my children, we are empty nester's. I once heard on the radio about a poll that was taken: who's happier,married couples with kids or without? It was with, but only when they are out of the house. If you know our story, you know parenting wasn't always easy. One of our daughters had a bad boyfriend and lost her way for a while. It was really hard. She was the same loving daughter that I had always known, but he clearly wasn't right for her and was hurting her emotionally. The lessons I learned from the experience are:

#1 Give it to God and let go of the situation. Just tell your child you love them.
#2 Allow other people to intervene into their lives,to speak truth, light, and love to them.
#3 Speak how you want to see them living, not how they currently are. For example, in this case. "My daughter is with who God has planned for." And, speak Bible Verses over them daily. Never give up.

That daughter is now doing so much better, happy, and in a great relationship. My other daughter is married and happy. They are both sweet, loving, intelligent, and beautiful girls. I'm proud of them immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment