Monday, August 5, 2013

Running Siskiyou Out Back 50 July 27th, 2013

Took a risk, paid off, the hard way. Of course I finished. 2 50's in 2 weeks. The course had brutal hills lasting 2, 3, 7 miles. The 3 was at the turn around, went up a steep cliff (STEEP-where's the rope?) took one look the view and said "oh hurray" and down I went. Lots of walking today. 1 blister and it popped, hates the Epsom salts. In the morning, dropped my drop bag off at the wrong location, didn't see it the whole race. That's how tired I was. I felt a bit dizzy between mile 40-45, said nothing. New friends met. They gave me 3 tacos, but had them wrap it and I'm eating my normal comfort food, Raviolis out of can. 13 hour total cut off, cutting it close there. Good aid-stations, didn't miss my bag, well the other 5 hour energy drink for 2 PM I missed.
One of the views


My finisher's cup, the green one.

No comments:

Post a Comment