Wednesday, January 12, 2011

11 things you may not know about me.

I didn’t walk until I was 18 months old. I think my legs somehow knew what I would one day do them; they just wanted to rest more.

I have had two surgeries in my life. One was a c-section with my 2nd daughter, Kayla. They wanted to do a c-section because she went breech 2 days prior to delivery day. However, she was so far in my birth canal when the surgeon finally came around and I was given a choice to delivery vaginally or c-section, I chose c-section. But do regret my decision; the next several days were very painful. And, I lost a lot of blood when I gave birth to her and felt myself floating up. The other surgery was to remove a Dermoid Cyst on my right ovary.


I don’t drink alcohol at all. And the real reason why I don’t is because many years ago, I prayed and asked God to make me absolutely ill when ever I drank it. The next day my prayer was answered.

I’ve been married before Brett. With my first husband, we were young and immature and getting a divorce felt more like a breakup. He lives close to me and if I run into him, I will hug and greet him kindly, but we don’t have any other contact.

My hair is naturally curly. My very first hair as an infant was a curl.


Biking was my first obsession. When I was 17, I would often ride by myself 30 miles to the Washington/Oregon border. It was always such a thrill. 

I am a trained Doula and have participated in several births; a few paid, but mostly volunteer. I love to watch them, but learned, I really am not nurturing, so haven’t been attending any births. I've attended still births, single mother births, witnessed a baby almost being dropped while the mother had it standing up, been mostly a babysitter two a 2 year old so that the father could be in the room with his wife, been told things by drugged up mothers that I wish I hadn't heard...

I cut my husbands hair and I’m good at it. This is funny because I once cut my boyfriends hair when I was 17 and really messed it up.

Not only am I scared of driving in the snow an ice, I'm terrified of spiders, flying bugs and being in rivers and oceans if I can't see the bottom.  What's funny is that we have a pet spider, it's been living in our bathroom since the summer and it's not my first pet spider.

I’ve only had one dentist my whole life. He’s watched me grow up and now he is my kid’s dentist. I send him a Christmas card every year. 

I don’t like Chocolate, but love Skittles and have a very unhealthy obsession to orange flavored Tic-Tac’s. I can eat a box of Tic-Tac’s in about 5 minutes or less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment