Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Trail warriors, a fable

If you never seen the movie Big Fish, I highly recommend it. Below you will find a description and the movie trailer for a preview. It is my favorite movie.

Big Fish is a 2003 American fantasy comedy-drama based on the 1998 novel of the same name by Daniel Wallace. The film was directed by Tim Burton and stars Albert Finney, Ewan McGregor, Billy Crudup, and Jessica Lange. Finney plays Edward Bloom, a former traveling salesman from the Southern United States with a gift for storytelling, now confined to his deathbed. Bloom's estranged son, a journalist played by Crudup, attempts to mend their relationship as his dying father relates tall tales of his eventful life as a young adult, played by Ewan McGregor.

I myself have been telling "crazy" stories to my girls.

I've told the story of being swallowed by a whale. It happened like this, short version. I was running on the beach, when all of a sudden a huge tidal wave came and sucked me into the sea. I was drowning when a huge whale came and swallowed me. I was inside his belly when I met a mermaid who also got swallowed. I said "I am so glad to see you, how are we going to get out of her?" She couldn't come up with any ideas and so I suggested that we lite a fire and hopefully with the smoke and heat the whale will spit us out! We lighted the fire using pieces of wood the whale had swallowed and sure enough, within minutes that whale spit us both out. The mermaid swam us both to shore. Well that whale even waved goodbye.

I've told the story about almost being attacked by an alligator. I was running in Africa, probably a little to close to the water when all of a sudden this huge alligator came up from the water and tried to eat me. I wrestled with it for awhile and when the silly thing finally had enough and gave up, I shook hands with it and was on my way.

But my greatest story that I've told is still ongoing and it is a true story. It is the story of the trail warriors. They are little men, about 3' tall that have built their homes deep in Forest Park. They wear blue jeans, red shirts, cone hats and they old with long, white wispy hair. They love to greet me when I come to the forest and even run and chase with me sticks when they think I look tired. They don't normally hit me with the sticks, but have. They even call to me when I am not up in the forest, I can hear them often.

My good friends have even seen the trail warriors; they too have been chased by them.

If you too happen to see the trail warriors, please say hi for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment