Monday, September 13, 2010

Kyron Hormon

Since the news of Kyron Hormon's disappearance, I have been glued to the television set as most people were. I have said many prayers for him and his family. Everytime I watched the news, it was extremely emotional. I never wanted it to be the stepmother as I am a stepmother and the whole "evil stepmother" thing is annoying to me. But after awhile, I began thinking she probably did do it. I've noticed over the last few months, the news isn't so much talking about search efforts, but more on what is happening in court and I wonder if they are at a lost, they don't know where his and maybe shifting their focus on that he is gone and who do we blame and how do we prove it.
In the car the other night, my 7 year old daughter said "I think when they say someone died on the news that that is very rude!" And we talked about this for a few minutes. I said that I thought Kyron is up in heaven with his angel wings and she said she thinks he is flying around on Earth and I said that if that is true, I hope that he is trying to comfort his parents. I questioned at what point do his parents accept the fact that he is gone and they say goodbye to him? As a parent, if Kyron was my son, that would be very difficult to finally come to terms with the fact that he isn't coming home and it's time to say goodbye. Now all his parents have is hope and admitting it's now time to say goodbye is just very final. That would be a hard decision to make.
His parents are going through such a hard time. I will continue to pray for his safe return and for his parents. I can't imagine what they are going through and I don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment