Friday, January 29, 2010

Don't Quit


Quitting is not an option.
I bought this shirt my 2nd year of marathon training. I bought it because I almost quit my first year. I remember having my walk of shame back to my house as I was convinced that I was done with marathon training. I decided that I was not going to run my first marathon. Why? It was too hard. I took about a week off and something clicked inside me. I said “no, I don’t want to quit”. I started training again and I ran that first marathon. It turned out to be the best physical experience that I had ever experienced. I am glad that I didn’t quit because since then I have accomplished a lot with my running, I am very proud of myself.
Now “don’t quit” is a value that I teach my children continuously.
So, don’t quit because you think it is too hard, don’t quit because you don’t feel like it, don’t quit because you think it no longer suits you, and don’t quit because of others opinions. Don’t quit because if you do, you’ll never find out the rewards for finishing that task.

No comments:

Post a Comment